Thursday, January 14, 2016

To the awkward moms at social gatherings: You're not alone

As originally published on Sammiches and Psych Meds

To that mom sitting in the corner at the birthday party at the bounce house, I see you.

I know that you’re not trying to hide from fellow mommies or avoid conversation. I know what it’s like to be out of your element. I get that small talk is a weakness and that it affects your self-esteem. Trust me when I say I’m right there with you.

To observers, or those who don’t know you, it’s easy to assume you purposely distance yourself from others, whether it be because you’re not in the mood to talk or are too stuck up to mingle. At least, that’s what you assume others are thinking when you catch them taking you in from across the room.

Read the full post here