Monday, June 22, 2015

What I love about Brynna: 2 years 7 months

* As a working mom, I admit that the last thing I want to come home to is a bad attitude. I have to keep mine in check all day dealing with rude callers or those who simply didn't like the way a story was covered. Lately my growing girl has been all attitude.  (Luckily I have Brylin whose face lights up when she sees me and is ready for hugs. ) Brynna is entering her independent phase where everything is an argument, a struggle and requires negotiation. Some days she loves me; others not so much. I have to remind myself that this is all part of gorwing up. But man does it hurt sometimes.

What I love about Brynna right now -- 2 years 7 months

Diapers no more! It took a little bit, but once you put your mind to it, you conquered potty training. Thank you !

Talking back: Okay, so I have a love-hate relationship with your sassy side but I also love how strong willed you can be. If another kid tries to boss you you let them know you’re not having it. But the same goes for your dad and I. The other day you told us “I’m gonna do what I want, “ (which resulted in a time out) taking us completely off guard. You’re pushing boundaries to learn what you can and can’t get away with. It’s tough but I know it’s all part of your journey. I just have to remember to breathe.

Humor: Oh my gosh are you hilarious. The things you pull out of nowhere amaze us. Our household is filled with so much laughter now thanks to you. Whether it’s running after the dogs, playing hide-and-seek or having hilarious conversations and making up silly songs, you, my Boom Boom, keep out hearts light.


Fashionista: Princess dresses, tutus, jewelry, fake tattoos, braids and high heels are so your thing right now. You comment on my clothes, try on my shoes and ask for specific shoes to wear with your outfits. Of course it can be a bit daunting when I have a certain outfit in mind, but some battles are not worth fighting. Especially when you do such a great job putting outfits together.

Learning: You LOVE to read. “Read the words to me, Mama,” has become one of my favorite lines to hear from you as you place a book onto my lap and curl up beside me. If only we can read for hours. You love books and learning new words, shapes and characters. You ask why a lot and actually listen to the answers – when the topic is something you take an interest in.

Your Laugh: It rings through the house when you are playing in your playroom, bouncing off the walls as your dad chases you during a game of tag; echoes in the backyard when Beans and Porkchop are licking your hands and warms my heart when you are sharing a laugh with your  sister. Over what? I have no idea. It’s like you two have your own inside jokes.

You: Always you. Even when you’re driving me nuts, you are so much to me.

Love you more than you know,


Mom